Thursday, November 30, 2006

Interview with Amanda Rheaume, of the Amanda Rheaume Band!!


By: Scott Miller


I was able to catch up with Amanda via email a few days after the show and asked her a few questions:

Scott: Who is your biggest musical influence and why?
Amanda: Alanis (Morissette) is a big one. Just as I was starting to write and perform songs Jagged Little Pill came out and lyrically I was incredibly inspired by her delivery and lyrics.

Scott: I believe you opened for Jeff Martin of the Tea Party, what was that like for you?
Amanda: It was totally fun! My band and I opened for his former band The Tea Party at Tulip Festival two years ago, but this was much different as it was very intimate. I was honored to have been asked to open for him.

Scott: What other bands have you opened for and which of those bands did you enjoy opening for the most?
Amanda: Tea Party, Project Orange, Rocket face, The Trews, Sloan, Ani Difranco, Sue Foley, The Joys.
I was very excited to open for Ani Difranco at Bluesfest in Ottawa this year as she is another HUGE influence for me. Guitar playing and lyrics, she shaped me as a singer/songwriter/performer so it was very inspiring to be on the same bill as her.

Scott: What was it like recording with Nick Blagona, who has worked with some other great bands?
Amanda: We didn’t record with Nick we used him for the mastering of our latest EP "Even When". He was great to work with! Lots of great stories, stuff you wouldn't even believe!!!!

Scott: Do you have any plans to record in the near future?
Amanda: There are plans to record a new demo/EP in the next three months! Stay tuned! I am always posting new material on my myspace.

www.myspace.com/theamandarheaumeband

No comments: